Kestrel DROP D2 Heat Stress Monitor Overview
- The EASIEST way to monitor and track temperature, humidity, heat index and dew point in almost any environment – wet or dry, indoors or out
- View data wirelessly via Bluetooth Smart on your iOS phone or tablet with the free Kestrel Connect app
- Store thousands of data points and get months of logging on a single coin-cell battery - customize logging rate, connections and alerts
- See, save and share data from multiple DROPs with just one phone or tablet – iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or later
Use a DROP Anywhere - Small, Accurate, Rugged and Waterproof
Each DROP measures just 1 x 1.8 x 2.4 inches (24 x 46 mm x 60 mm) and weighs just 1.2 ounces (34 grams). DROP loggers meet military and international standards for water, dust and shock resistance (IP-67 and MIL-STD-810G) and are conveniently equipped with a sturdy d-ring for hanging wherever needed.
DROPs Are Powered by the Kestrel Connect App
DOWNLOAD KESTREL CONNECT NOW
Kestrel Connect is the free app that powers the DROP loggers. With Kestrel Connect on your smart phone or tablet, you can view real-time readings from any DROP logger within wireless range (up to 100’ or more line of sight) via Bluetooth Low Energy. Each phone or tablet can connect to up to 8 DROP loggers at the same time and store data logs from many more. Min/Max/Average readings are clearly displayed and the data log is viewable as a scrolling graph with detailed data for each logged point. The Kestrel Connect app also allows adjustment of the logging interval and other settings as well as real-time threshold alerts. Readings can be updated as frequently as every 2 seconds and logging time and date are automatically updated whenever connected to your smart device. You can also send and share real-time and logged environmental data via email, Facebook or Twitter
Requirements: iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or iPod Touch 5th generation – or any later iOS or hardware configuration. Will not work on iPhone 4, 3GS on 3G or any earlier iPad or iPod generation.
Model & SKUs:
- Kestrel DROP D2 - Part # 0720ORA
American-Made Quality and a Five-Year Warranty
Every Kestrel environmental instrument is designed and built entirely in the USA. Kestrel’s history and focus on quality and ruggedness is reflected in the DROP’s industry-leading five-year warranty. Kestrel has been building rugged environmental instruments that help people do their jobs more safely and efficiently for more than fifteen years and has built a reputation for reliability one meter at a time.
Kestrel DROP Videos
DROP Customer Feedback:
The Kestrel DROP D2 and D3 are absolutely the best kept secret in the cigar industry! In the high tech world we live in, I am now able to keep a vigilant eye over my investment by remotely monitoring the environmentals of my humidor via a simple app on my iPhone. Having the ability to set alerts when humidity and temperature drop or go above ideal conditions is invaluable. This is a MUST HAVE accessory for anyone with a humidor!
Which Kestrel DROP is right for me?
- Dew Point
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Bluetooth Smart (Wireless Technology)
- Data Logger
- Drop-Tested, MIL-STD-810G
- IP67 Waterproof
- Lightweight & Durable
Who's Using the Kestrel DROP D2 Heat Stress Monitor
- Education & Classroom Use
- Facilities Management
- Farming & Agriculture
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Individual At-Home Use
- Outdoor Event Organizers
- Precision & Competitive Shooting
- Research & Technology
Getting Data Logs off iOS Device:
There are two ways to Export data off your iOS Device:
- Directly from the Stats Page or
- Manage Logging from the Manage page
Exported in Comma Separated file, or .CSV file which is easily imported into an Excel type program.
You would then Export to a valid email address or using AirDrop.
DROP D1: Data Points: 13064
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 7.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 90.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 544 days
DROP D2: Data Points: 8165
DROP D3: Data Points: 6220
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 4.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 56.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 340 days.
- Logging every 2 seconds: Fills up after 3.4 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 43.2 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 259 days
- The battery life will vary based on usage.
For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds.
Battery life will be reduced by:
- Colder conditions
- More frequent logging or update rates
- Downloads of large data logs (or firmware updates) are best completed with a fresh battery and in temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.